- Joann M. Lohr, MD - Foundation Past President
- Thomas Wakefield, MD - Foundation Past President
- Peter Henke, MD - AVF Past President
- Bo G. Eklof, MD - AVF Past President
The Ethics Committee will oversee compliance with the American Venous Forum (AVF) and American Venous Forum Foundation (Foundation) polices, Code of Ethics and all Conflict of Interest Disclosure (COI) forms. The committee is made up of two (2) AVF Past Presidents and two (2) Foundation Past Presidents that are no longer on either BOD
- Work with the AVF office to review COI disclosures of the Board of Directors, Executive Director, AVF Staff/Consultants, Council Chairs, Committee Chair/Members, Faculty/Speakers and any other volunteers in positions subject to society influence
- Notify and advise AVF and Foundation Executive Committees on identified COIs
- Serve as the final arbitrator for any unresolved CME conflicts of interest
- Review appeals
- Ensure, in accordance with AACME criteria that any individual who fails to disclose relevant financial information is disqualified from serving on any committee with CME planning responsibility or oversight, including the AVF and Foundation Boards, councils and committees
- From time to time, the committee shall review the Conflict of Interest procedures and make recommendations to the AVF and Foundation Board of Directors
- Attend Ethics Committee meeting held in conjunction with the Annual Meeting
- The respective Executive Committees will elect each Committee Member
- Each member will serve a one year term renewable for two years.
- Members from each society will hold terms that are staggered to create continuity.