- Joseph Raffetto. MD, FACS, FSVM - Chair
- John Blebea, MD, MBA
- Brajesh Lal, MD
- Fedor Lurie, MD, PhD
- Dawn Coleman. MD
- Marc Passman, MD
- Jose Diaz, MD
- Anil Hingorani, MD
Oversee and provide assistance on guidelines and documents originating from within the society and from extramural groups.
- Make recommendations for new guidelines documents that may be needed in the field
- Review requests to write new AVF documents;
- Oversee guidelines and document development:
- Recommend AVF members to form the writing group;
- Assist each writing group as required (but not be authors on the document);
- Regularly monitor the progress of document development against agreed upon timelines;
- Evaluate the input of the individual members of the writing group and suggest changes as required;
- With the assistance of AVF members and outside reviewers, review guidelines and other documents for accuracy, scope and appropriateness of content.
- Review all AVF documents slated for publication;
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors on final approval of internal documents; and
- Make recommendations on the role of the AVF in intersocietal and multidisciplinary documents that do not originate from the AVF.