What Would You Do?
Dr. Windsor Ting, MD - AVF Newsletter Assistant Editor
Share your techniques - how would you treat this?
Medicine is described as being both science and art. Injecting spider veins is an excellent example of this. There are a thousand variations in the scleratherapy of spider veins. While many may share similar outcomes but I suspect some have better outcomes than others. Tell us how you inject spider veins. We will publish selected responses in a future issue of Blue News Now.
39 y/o woman with spider veins on her left thigh as shown.
- What technique do you use to sclerose this?
- What needle and syringe do you use?
- What sclerosant, concentration and quantity?
- What dressing do you use?
- What postop instructions do you give to the patient.
Please submit your response to firstname.lastname@example.org and your response may be published ni the next issue of Blue News Now!