What is Vein Disease?
The veins in your body play an important role in circulation, carrying blood from your various parts of your body back to your heart. Yet, as people age, problems can develop in the veins and cause a variety of complications.
AVF Annual Meetings
AVF Annual Meetings. The Annual Meeting of the American Venous Forum brings together the world’s leading authorities on venous and lymphatic disease. The highest quality innovative, unpublished research is presented and discussed.
AVF Member Portal
For Medical & Allied Health Professionals
- Thank You to the Faculty of Our Spring Fellows Course - Spring Fellows, Resident, and Early Career Course was a huge success! The key to the success of the course is having the right mix of faculty. This spring there was a great group: Makis Avgerinos (Pittsburgh), John Carson (Maine), Shelia Coogan (San Antonio), Nick Sikalas (Stony Brook) and Kathleen Ozsvath (Albany) and Steve Elias as […]
- Thank You to the AVF Council and Committee Chairs - Thank you to all our Council and Committee Chairs at the AVF for their leadership, commitment and dedication to the mission of the AVF. ADMINISTRATIVE COUNCIL – William Marston, MDAnnual Program Committee – Patrick Muck, MDHealth Policy Committee – Daniel Monahan, MDMembership Committee – Cassius Chaar, MDNewsletter Committee – Steven Elias, MDDistinguished Fellows Committee – […]
- Welcome to Dr. Masuda as the Incoming AVFF President - Dr. Elna MasudaAVFF PresidentChief of Department of Vascular Surgery Straub Medical Center, Honolulu, HI Thank you Dr. Elna Masuda for your term as President of the AVF and welcome to Dr. Masuda to your Presidency of the American Venous Forum Foundation (AVFF). Dr. Masuda, located in the beautiful islands of Hawaii, has a passion for […]
- Launch of the New AVF Newsletter - AVF and the chief editor Dr. Steve Elias are proud to announce the launch of Vein Specialist, a monthly newsletter to share the latest news, technology, clinical studies, and society news. Dr. Steve EliasChief Editor Vein Specialist, AVF Director of the Center for Vein Disease at Englewood Hospital, Englewood, NJ
- Meet the Newest AVF Board Member - Dr. Mark Iafrati is a vascular surgeon in Boston, Massachusetts and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including MelroseWakefield Hospital and Tufts Medical Center. He received his medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine and has been in practice for more than 20 years. Chief, Vascular Surgery; Director, Vascular Center; Director, Center […]
West Coast Vein Forum
Register Now and Save!
August 23-24, 2019 Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa Dana Point, CA