Appropriateness in Venous Stenting: From Indication to Intervention
The Changing Treatment Landscape
- Latest Information from the CDC on the J+J COVID 19 Vaccination - The CDC is reporting on 6 cases of Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis, out of over 6 million doses, all in young women. CDC is recommending a pause in use of the J+J vaccine and urging providers to be alert to the possibility of Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis in patients recently vaccinated. Please read the full […]
- AMA COVID-19 Vaccine Messaging Guide - In late December, the American Medical Association released our COVID-19 Vaccine Messaging Guide to the Federation and other key stakeholders. We recently made a few updates and adjustments to this guide, including publishing this resource on our website and translating this information into Spanish, to make it more broadly available to those who may benefit […]
- Advocacy to Extend Current Moratorium on Medicare Sequester - The American Venous Forum (AVF) has joined other organizations to support the AMA’s letter to congressional leadership advocating that Congress pass legislation to extend the current moratorium on the two percent Medicare payment sequester beyond the March 31 expiration date. Specifically, the letter strongly urges Congress to pass H.R. 315, the “Medicare Sequester COVID Moratorium Act”—bipartisan […]
- SVS Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Taskforce Shares Report and SVS Executive Board Responds - In September of 2019, the Society for Vascular Surgery charged the members of its Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Taskforce with envisioning a more diverse and inclusive SVS and vascular surgery workforce. In December of 2020, their report (first link below) as well as the SVS Executive Board’s response and action plan to implement change […]
- NEW EXCITING RCT Data for Decreasing Morbidity and Mortality for COVID-19 with Therapeutic Anticoagulation - Interim data from NHLBI examining 3 international trials suggesting decreased morbidity and mortality for COVID-19 patients with therapeutic anticoagulation for patients not in the ICU. Please share this important summary. IT CAN SAVE LIVES.